4.23.2012

coming quiet


This was part of my morning reading over the weekend:

"When your mind spins with a multitude of thoughts, You cannot hear my voice. A mind preoccupied with planning pays homage to the idol of control."

That is so me these past few weeks. Planning for school, planning for birthdays, planning for so many future things. I am a first born. Planning is part of my DNA! But I have been feeling restless and anxious. By Saturday, I was ready to listen to this:

"Hear Me say Peace, be still to your restless heart."

And this:

The He arose and rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, "Peace, be still!" And the wind ceased and there was a great calm. Mark 4:39 NKJV


I was finally able to quiet my mind down enough to listen what He saying to me. Much of my planning is me-minded and not God-focused. Oh, He's part of the plans but not the focus. Does that make sense to anyone but me? Instead of laying my plans at His feet and seeking His guidance, I have been laying all my plans and praying He is on board with everything I have chosen. Kind of backwards, I know.

This week I am practicing laying it all down and coming quiet to the One Who fills me with life and soul-peace. My heart overflows because of His grace to me and so I count, blessings 922- 943 . . .

slant of morning sun that lights up his grandma's quilt

daughter dreams

whole heart listening

being a mama

joy of reading

library books

lesson plans coming together

Beth Moore's study of James

studying His light - how it falls and illuminates


knowing He hears every single prayer

laundry

dirty dishes

boy obsession
photo by Hannah
my friend who makes time to share hearts, ideas and encouragement

warmest hugs

praying together

seeing butterflies everywhere

first roses

tasty gift of pretzels

circles of women that bless, comfort, pray and bring joy to my life

a yellow bumble bee

Sunday lunch

6 comments:

  1. Love those flowers! And that pile of books!!! Thank you for sharing your beauty, gifts, prose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous treasure you have with that quilt! Love a good stack of books like that! Beautiful flowers. My roses have a while yet before we see them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tend to plan and plan and get frustrated with him for not sticking to my plans... as if... I'm God! So yes I relate. And I'm a baby so this whole making plans for myself is relatively new to me, like just something I've done in my adult life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can certainly identify with this post :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never, ever quit sharing your heart. It is beautiful and genuine and true.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhhh, laying it down quiet...that's a very Ann-ish way to put it. Those are SOUL words. And such a good reminder for me. Be still, be still, and know, and believe, and listen. Oh, and my favorite from your list? THat boy obsession - we never outgrow that - and matchb ox cars - they're the best. Take that from a boy. :)God bless and keep you Jennifer - thank you for this.

    ReplyDelete